Friday, April 24, 2009

Dinosaur Pillowcase

Can you believe how easy it is to make a pillowcase? I couldn't until yesterday when I made this one while Ezra was taking his nap. The possibilities are now endless and the price can be very inexpensive compared to store bought. Here's all the materials you need:
3/4 yard of 45" wide fabric (main pillow)
2"-4" for flange (plaid in the picture)
1/3 yard for the end section

The flange is optional but adds a fancy touch.

My oldest grandson is in the dinosaur phase at the moment so he was thrilled yesterday when I presented it to him and promised a dinosaur quilt to follow. Being the oldest he had first choice of which bed would be his at my house. He chose the top bunk away from the window. I think that would have been my choice too! Sweet dreams, Owen, and thank goodness he hasn't asked me to read Danny and the Dinosaur a million times like my daughter did when she was little.

No comments:

Post a Comment