Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Amazing Turn...

of events. Who would have thought that this girl would find someone who really cared for her? Skeptical I was at first and perhaps still a little, but EW has been slowly breaking down my defenses. Tonight before my departure to Padre Island, he presented me with a lovingly cooked pot roast, fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, and various other delicacies so that I wouldn't have to cook when I got there. Plus he has monitored the weather and worried if I was driving in any adverse conditions. There is also the elaborate set up he constructed so that I could plug in my travel trailer at the house which has eliminated the need to pack large and cumbersome ice chests. The best part though is that we share the same sense of humor. For example, tonight we were having dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. After we both visited the restroom and commented on the annoyance of those air blowers instead of paper towels, I asked if he had noticed the directions printed on that device. He hadn't, and of course I had because it takes about 10 minutes to get your hands dry in such circumstances. So I was reading the directions while waiting. The last line of directions said: "Turn nozzle up for drying your hair." Now I ask you, who dries their hair in the restroom of a restaurant? Well, let your imagination take hold of that!! And we did. The waiter, who didn't speak English very well, showed signs of distress because we were laughing so hard. EW thank you for an amazing 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment