Monday, August 2, 2010

August Gardening

My goal for this month is to spend 30 minutes in the garden 5 days a week. Here is my progress report.

August 2 - Monday I worked on the back garden fence area. I had weeded half of it on Saturday so I began on the second half. The honeysuckle that I planted several years ago has taken over in one corner and is trying to choke out the Texas sage that is planted there. I liberated the sage while noticing that the soaker hose that I installed before going on the cruise certainly has done wonders for the plants on the fence. The crape myrtles, knockout roses, and trumpet vines are all in bloom. The butterfly bushes needed some pruning.

August 1 - Sunday is usually not a day to spend in the garden. After taking Sookie for a walk, it was time to get ready for church and by the time I returned home it was way too hot for gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment