Friday, June 19, 2009

Rain

In the middle of the night, it started raining. I got up and sat on my front porch to enjoy it. It is very different here than at home when it rains. One area can be getting soaked while another area only a block away will stay dry. We are now on stage 2 water restrictions as southern Texas is experiencing drought while the Dallas area is flooding. With stage 2 I'll most likely lose my back lawn, some of my plants, and possibly the front lawn; however the St. Augustine grass comes back quickly when water is available to it again.
Yesterday, I had to laugh when I found out what creature has been helping himself to the tomatoes. Who would have thought, but it is a yellow-fronted woodpecker! There he was strolling around the plants checking for just the right one. It's my fault because I lure him to the garden by putting pancakes in one of the feeders, but now that Ezra hasn't been here in the mornings, there are no pancakes therefore tomatoes seem to be his second choice. The greedy little guy should have plenty next week as all the boys will be here full time. That is going to be a lovely time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment