Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday Night Catered Dinners

Since my Friday night catered dinners have become a continuing event, I'm thinking that I need to keep track of what I made as I don't want to duplicate too much if I can help it. So I will make a list of what I can remember so far.

Chicken Wings with orange marmalade glaze, cold slaw, potato salad, and chocolate chip cookies

Shrimp Louis

Grilled Sirloin with mixed veggie salad and black berry cobbler

Grilled Halibut with Herbs and Capers, salad, poached pears, lemon chess pie

Gosh that's as far back as I can remember, but I know I served a flan with something. Wonder what? And variations of chess pie too. Funny how one can remember desserts but not the main meal?

Last night I made Bar-B-Q pulled pork on french bread along with a spinach salad and lemon bars for dessert. The BBQ sauce was not homemade but I am thinking about making my own BBQ and tomato ketchup from now on. We will see.

The new sourdough starter did not turn out well, and I had to throw it away. I think it got too hot sitting on the stove top next to a vent from the oven. I did not realize that the oven put out so much heat to the back burners when things are baking. Thanks goodness I kept my tried and true starter which has not failed me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment