Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bread Beginnings

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day has arrived,  and I'm trying out the first master recipe.  I must say that this isn't like any bread recipe I've ever tried in the past.  The ingredients are the usual but this was mixed in the container you see in the picture with no kneading.  I just dumped in the water, salt, and yeast, stirred it up and then dumped in the flour all at once.  That concoction got mixed until all the flour was incorporated and there were no dry patches.  This is now sitting on the kitchen counter where it is suppose to rise for 2 hours before going into the refrigerator.  This recipe is enough for 4 loaves that can be assembled anytime in the next 14 days.  I'll be baking the first loaf tomorrow and we'll see what the outcome is.  It's fun to experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment